Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Answer to Monday's Riddle: A Trip to the City...


Excellent guessing, Riddlers! Friday, Lizzy's review will take us on a trip to Hartford. So stay tuned, because Connecticut really is full of surprises! See you all around the book block. ; ) ~ F

Capitol of the Constitution State, sprinkle nutmeg on your plate. A charter hidden in white oak, kept secret from a bloke. History stamps its free mark, take a stroll through Bushnell Park. A city rises, topped in gold; here safety nets are sold. 

Where am I referring to? Answer: Hartford, Connecticut



Fairday's Riddles: Volume I 
Make time to riddle and rhyme!

62 original riddles and illustrations
Available in all e-book formats

16 comments:

  1. Realy I was lost!.
    This sounds beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I missed this one. It's been a crazy week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would have utterly missed this one!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good one, and I learnt something new! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will look forward to learning more.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi DMS - I still can't quite see where nutmeg comes in - I got the Hartford link, but nutmeg ... love that spice. Cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hilary- I am not sure- but have heard it comes from Colonial peddlers selling nutmeg.

      Delete
  7. Right state was at least my fate

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, I dipped out entirely on that one… But at least I have the excuse that I'm in New Zealand.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Of course, Hartford, former home of the Hartford Whalers.

    Gary :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very fun riddle. Coming from the NE, it wasn't too difficult. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay for awesome answer :) I don't know enough about US cities at all, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  12. How pretty! I've not been there. Maybe one day :)

    PS-- If you have a sec! There's a wrap up questionnaire for the Get Social event :) http://tinyurl.com/yazmtfo9

    ReplyDelete
  13. That was hard! Thanks for teaching me something new!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and commenting. We love to hear your thoughts! We had to turn on comment moderation due to a high volume of spam. Fairday's Blog is no longer accepting awards. We appreciate all the nominations that we have received and are honored to have been mentioned! Happy Reading!

Twitter Bird Gadget Twitter Bird Gadget